LETTER FROM LEADERSHIP
Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to the 2021/2022 school year! Our vision for this year is that leaders and teachers will build an engaging, academically rich and socially responsible school culture that encourages students to take responsibility for their own education with a specific focus on writing, formative assessment, social emotional health and restorative practices, as determined by data analysis.
We recognize that the student’s job is to take responsibility for their own learning. However, we also know that this requires support. We are focused on building an environment that celebrates student strengths, fostering their creativity and curiosity.
So how do students take responsibility for their learning efforts? They must...
- Understand expectations.
- Set goals with guidance.
- Persevere through challenges with support.
- Try new approaches.
- Assess progress.
- Set new goals.
And how do you support your child as you partner with the school? You....
- Choose our mission.
- Choose a rigorous, content-rich curriculum.
- Choose a focus on both academics and character.
- Choose a belief that children grow by being challenged in a nurturing environment.
- Partner by modeling respectful interactions, including in social media.
- Partner by going directly to the person with whom you have a concern.
- Partner by following your child(ren)’s progress using the website, Google calendar and Infinite Campus.
As Firestone Charter Academy leaders, we are passionate about our job of supporting and facilitating our school mission. Our guiding vision for the year is built on an analysis of our school data. We are passionate to move our school forward in the areas of academic growth and character development for all students, and are excited to incorporate more restorative practices into our community to better meet these goals. We take seriously our job of partnering with each of you. It is an honor to serve you.
Your Leadership Team,
Jessica Cervantes, Principal
Sarah Hotchkiss, Assistant Principal
David Weisbart, Dean of Students